39 SOLID COLOR
Complete Critter Package
Bundle and save $50 with the Complete Critter Package! This package features the RGB Critter® 2.0 and our most popular twist-on accessories.
Complete Critter Package Includes
- (1) RGB Critter 2.0 Flashlight
- (1) Sol Saber® Accessory - 24" (61cm)
- (1) BitWhip® Accessory - 200 Fibers
- (1) Jupiter Rope™ Accessory - 6' (183cm)
- (1) Orb Accessory
Raised Button Shells - Available Now!
Released in November 2022, our Raised Button Silicone Shells offer a new button height of +1mm above the height of the body of the Silicone Shell. This raised button height makes the buttons easier to press and find in the dark!
Named The "Best Color Changing Flashlight"
See why the leading tech authority in light painting names the RGB Critter 2.0 the "Best RGB Color Changing Flashlight" and states "The Ants on a Melon RGB Critter is expected to revolutionize the light painting scene in 2022."
"the RGB Critter 2.0 shines brightly above the competition"
"...the RGB Critter 2.0 shines brightly above the competition. At $125, more than fair-priced for what is easily one of the most comfortable, highest-quality RGB flashlights currently on the market. Definitely recommended!"
Join Our RGB Critter Light Painting Group on Facebook
Join us on Facebook where we host a group for Light Painters who create artwork using the RGB Critter. In this group you will have the opportunity to learn new tips and techniques and ask questions about the RGB Critter.
(1) RGB CRITTER 2.0 FLASHLIGHT
(1) BITWHIP ACCESSORY - 200 FIBERS
(1) SOL SABER ACCESSORY - 24" (61CM)
(1) JUPITER ROPE ACCESSORY - 6' (183CM)
(1) ORB ACCESSORY
(1) REPLACEABLE 3050MAH 18650 BATTERY
(1) MICRO-USB CHARGING CABLE
(1) CRITTER KEY
(2) SPARE O-RINGS
RGB Critter 2.0 Specs
- Length: 5.4" (137.5mm)
- Diameter: 1.3" (33mm)
- Weight: 8oz (includes battery)
- Power: Replaceable 3050mAh 18650 battery
- Internal USB charging
- Can be used with USB power supply connected
- Aluminum Body + Silicone Shell (multiple color choices)
- 3 illuminated buttons (button LEDs can be tuned off)
- LED: Red, Green, and Blue (RGB) LED emitters
- 39 solid color options
- 93 adjustable presets (9,300 variations of presets can be achieved by simply holding the Rocket button)
- Built-in microphone for sound reactivity
- Built-in accelerometer for movement reactivity
- Max Lumens (color white): 170lm
- Max runtime at full brightness: 3hr (white), 6-9hr (all other colors and patterns)
- Max runtime at lowest brightness: 30hr (white), 60-90hr (all other colors and patterns)
- Threaded lens for twist-on accessories (over 100 options)
- Threaded tail for Critter Connector
- Lanyard loop hole built into removeable aluminum End Cap
- Firmware can easily be updated using our RGB Critter Software
I have received my complete critter and although I have not used everything yet, I have tried the orb and the saber. The flashlight settings take some getting used to but overall effect is great. I am concerned about the thread on the front of the flashlight. The accessories don’t seem to thread easily and I am worried about cross threading. Usually using in near darkness and it’s not always easy to what you are doing. This is my only concern so far.
Thank you for your feedback! The Sol Saber included in the Complete Critter has an O-ring installed at the base of the accessory. This O-ring helps to create a more robust connection between the accessory and Critter. The O-ring makes it more difficult to connect the products, but it will become easier to install after a few uses. Please feel free to remove the O-ring if you wish.
We also just released a number of new demo videos and a Playlists graphic that shows each color pattern and how to find them. You can find this information on this page: https://antsonamelon.com/pages/user-guides
I bought this set as an add-on to my DIY light painting kit. And this set did not disappoint me and comes with everything a light painter needs.
After an initial problem with only part of my purchase being sent, I can't praise the AOAM team enough for putting my order right.
I played with the controls which are a little complicated but I went out last night and created a few images and am very happy!
The Critter offers a whole range of colours and modes in one quality torch and the screw on tools are if high quality and a perfect match to the Critter.
Back out tonight for more light painting fun, thank you Ants for a superb product.
Bought this set for light painting and really and oh my goodness it hasn’t disappointed.
The torch really ups the game in light painting and adds so much more to the standard torch/lightpainting tool set up. It’s a mini marvel that you can set up to have so many combinations of colours and effects. It’s taken me a little while to master the torch, but be patient with it and you certainly won’t regret it!
Coming to the tools with the complete critter set, each of them produce great and very different effects which again add versatility to the lightpainting toolkit.
So, all in all, a great package that you really should invest in if you want to take your lightpainting to the next level and beyond!
This is a fantastic set. The new handle is much more comfortable and light, it can be used much longer with a lot less fatigue. The colors are so vibrant, and there are so many light combinations. This was worth every second of the wait and I'm so glad I backed the kickstarter. I will continue to support this amazing company and their awesome products, and I hope you do too!
P.S. My original fiber whip from years ago is still perfectly functional and I'm hopeful the new one lasts as long!!