39 SOLID COLOR
RGB Critter® 2.0 Flashlight
The RGB Critter 2.0 is the brightest RGB LED color-changing flashlight (color-changing torch) available. It offers 39 unique colors and 93 presets (color patterns). There are three illuminated buttons that can be used to navigate the UI and for accessing all kinds of fun features such as brightness control and strobe speed as well as adjusting preset pattern speeds, sound reactivity, movement reactivity, and more.
At 5.4" long and 1.3" in diameter, the compact and sturdy RGB Critter can easily be held by all hand sizes. The RGB Critter is incredibly durable and you can play with confidence, knowing it's backed by AOAM's industry leading Limited Lifetime Warranty!
Named The "Best Color Changing Flashlight"
See why the leading tech authority in light painting names the RGB Critter 2.0 the "Best RGB Color Changing Flashlight" and states "The Ants on a Melon RGB Critter is expected to revolutionize the light painting scene in 2022."
"the RGB Critter 2.0 shines brightly above the competition"
"...the RGB Critter 2.0 shines brightly above the competition. At $125, more than fair-priced for what is easily one of the most comfortable, highest-quality RGB flashlights currently on the market. Definitely recommended!"
RGB Critter 2.0 Available Now!
We worked with a dedicated team of Light Painters and Flow Artists to improve the RGB Critter's UI and added a boatload of fun new features to the RGB Critter 2.0.
- Auto-Play: Press the Rocket button 2x, and each of the presets in Mode 9 will automatically play for a specific amount of time (0.25 / 1 / 15 / 30 seconds).
- New Presets: -Up from 49, the RGB Critter now has 93 unique presets.
- Adjust Preset Speeds: Permanently change the speed of any of the 93 presets by holding the Rocket button. Each 1-second hold increases the speed of the preset by 10%. Using this new functionality, you can easily customize the entire RGB Critter.
- Momentary Press: When activated, hold the Power button to turn on the RGB Critter's LED and release to turn it off.
- Single Click On/Off: Click the Power button 1x to turn the RGB Critter on and off.
Raised Button Shells
The Raised Button Silicone Shells offer a new button height of +1mm above the height of the body of the Silicone Shell. This raised button height makes the buttons easier to press and find in the dark.
Over 120 Different Twist-On Accessories
The RGB Critter is threaded at the lens. Accessories from the RGB Critter product line are also threaded. You attach them to the RGB Critter by twisting them into the front end of the flashlight. When the RGB Critter is turned on, it will light up the attached accessory. Choose from 120 unique twist-on Light Painting and Flow Art accessories.
PWM + Analog Technology
The RGB Critter includes AOAM's innovative technology that allows the Critter to drive the LED using either Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) or Analog technologies. All other RGB LED flashlights drive their LED(s) using PWM, which creates unsaturated colors and an undesirable "strobing" effect that can clearly be seen in light paintings (long exposure photography).
The main benefit to using the PWM option are the beautiful "tracers" (small flashes of different colors) that can be seen in our BitWhip® Fiber Optic Whip and Fyber Kit products, both of which are both made up of end-glow fiber optics.
The RGB Critter's Analog option provides a direct electrical current to the LED, which results in the most pure and rich colors possible. If you are a light painter, there is no doubt that you need the option to drive the LED using an Analog signal so that you can create the most vibrant photos possible.
- BATTERY LIFE INDICATOR: The RGB LED will display different colors to indicate the remaining battery life.
- CONVENIENT RECHARGING: The replaceable 18650 battery is micro-USB rechargeable. When plugged into a power source, the RGB Critter's battery will fully charge then switch to direct power for continuous use. The battery will fully charge in under 2 hours when plugged into a wall outlet adapter and under 6 hours when plugged into a computer port.
18650 Battery Information
- Each RGB Critter includes one replaceable 3050mAh 18650 lithium ion battery that provides between 3-9 hours of use at full brightness.
- The battery will last 3 hours using the color white and between 6-9 hours using all other solid colors and presets.
- 24 COLOR SLOTS: Each mode can be customized with up to 24 unique colors.
- CHOOSE YOUR COLORS: Choose from a palette of 39 unique color options (including black).
- SELECT YOUR SPEED: Once you have your colors chosen, you can select your speed (1%-100%).
(1) RGB CRITTER 2.0 FLASHLIGHT
(1) REPLACEABLE 3050MAH 18650 BATTERY
(1) MICRO-USB CHARGING CABLE
(1) CRITTER KEY
(2) SPARE O-RINGS
RGB CRITTER 2.0 SPECS
- Length: 5.4" (137.5mm)
- Diameter: 1.3" (33mm)
- Weight: 8oz (includes battery)
- Power: Replaceable 3050mAh 18650 battery
- Internal USB charging
- Can be used with USB power supply connected
- Aluminum Body + Silicone Shell (multiple color choices)
- Lanyard Loop Hole Dimensions: 4.5mm (wide) x 6.2mm (tall)
- 3 illuminated buttons (button LEDs can be tuned off)
- LED: Red, Green, and Blue (RGB) LED emitters
- 39 solid color options
- 93 adjustable presets (9,300 variations of presets can be achieved by simply holding the Rocket button)
- Built-in microphone for sound reactivity
- Built-in accelerometer for movement reactivity
- Max Lumens (color white): 170lm
- Max runtime at full brightness: 3hr (white), 6-9hr (all other colors and patterns)
- Max runtime at lowest brightness: 30hr (white), 60-90hr (all other colors and patterns)
- Threaded lens for twist-on accessories (over 100 options)
- Threaded tail for Critter Connector
- Lanyard loop hole built into removable aluminum End Cap
- Firmware can easily be updated using our RGB Critter Software
Join Our RGB Critter Light Painting Group
Join us on Facebook where we host a group for Light Painters who create artwork using the RGB Critter. In this group you will have the opportunity to learn new tips and techniques and ask questions about the RGB Critter.
The Flashlight has not arrived yet 🙁
I wanted this tool mainly for light painting in photography. Even though I haven't had many (any) opportunities to use it for that purpose, the potential is obvious. It's well made, well thought out, and easily usable right after the first charge. Other, more complex designs can be learned as you go. The YouTube videos are - and will be - super helpful. I would have preferred to see a USB-C connector, I know before buying that it was the older-style USB-A type connection.
Previously had a glofx whip before and nothing can ever compare. The quality of the fibers is beyond amazing I got 200 sparkle fibers and I already want the 310 just a stunning whip!
Being new to light paint can be daunting. Watched a lot of YouTube, spent a lot of money on Amazon. Then discovered AOM. Set me up for success. A system that requires little thougt about how to put things together, let's you spend time experimenting and being creative. Just Clicks!
I've been trying exploring different tools for light painting and didn't want to fully invest in one system over another-- until I received my RGB Critter Flashlight. This is has been the perfect addition to my toolkit and I mmediately came back to purchase more attachments, I'm definitely a fan!
INFORMATION RESOURCE LINKS
ages 14 and up
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
RGB CRITTER FLASHLIGHT
What is the length, diameter, and weight of the RGB Critter?
How bright is the RGB Critter? Are the accessories visible with stage lighting?
How is the RGB Critter powered?
How does the RGB Critter Flashlight (torch) attach to your accessory products?
Where can I find tutorials for the RGB Critter Product Line?
What is your warranty policy?
Can I connect 2 RGB Critters back-to-back?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.