RGB Critter® 2.0 Flashlight
The RGB Critter 2.0 is the brightest RGB LED color-changing flashlight (color-changing torch) available. It offers 39 unique colors and 93 presets (patterns). There are three illuminated buttons that can be used to navigate the UI and for accessing all kinds of fun features such as brightness control and strobe speed as well as adjusting preset pattern speeds, sound reactivity, movement reactivity, and more.
At 5.4" long and 1.3" in diameter, the compact and sturdy RGB Critter can easily be held by all hand sizes. The RGB Critter is incredibly durable and you can play with confidence, knowing it's backed by AOAM's industry leading Limited Lifetime Warranty!
Named The "Best Color Changing Flashlight"
See why the leading tech authority in light painting names the RGB Critter 2.0 the "Best RGB Color Changing Flashlight" and states "The Ants on a Melon RGB Critter is expected to revolutionize the light painting scene in 2022."
RGB CRITTER 2.0 AVAILABLE NOW!
We worked with a dedicated team of Light Painters and Flow Artists to improve the RGB Critter's UI and added a boatload of fun new features to our newest product, the RGB Critter 2.0.
- Auto-Play: Press the Rocket button 2x, and each of the presets in Mode 9 will automatically play for a specific amount of time (0.25 / 1 / 15 / 30 seconds).
- New Presets: -Up from 49, the RGB Critter now has 93 unique presets.
- Adjust Preset Speeds: Permanently change the speed of any of the 93 presets by holding the Rocket button. Each 1-second hold increases the speed of the preset by 10%. Using this new functionality, you can easily customize the entire RGB Critter.
- Completely Overhauled Special Features Functionality: These changes make the Special Features easy to learn and use.
- Momentary Press: When activated, hold the Power button to turn on the RGB Critter's LED and release to turn it off.
- Single Click On/Off: Click the Power button 1x to turn the RGB Critter on and off.
Raised Button Shells
Released in November 2022, our Raised Button Silicone Shells offer a new button height of +1mm above the height of the body of the Silicone Shell. This raised button height makes the buttons easier to press and find in the dark!
Over 120 Different Twist-On Accessories
The RGB Critter is threaded at the lens. Accessories from the RGB Critter product line are also threaded. You attach them to the RGB Critter by twisting them into the front end of the flashlight. When the RGB Critter is turned on, it will light up the attached accessory. Choose from 120 unique twist-on Light Painting and Flow Art accessories.
AOAM's Warranty does not cover damage to the RGB Critter caused by third party adaptors or accessories.
PWM + ANALOG TECHNOLOGY *Patent Pending*
The RGB Critter includes our patent pending technology that allows the Critter to drive the LED using either Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) or Analog technologies. All other RGB LED flashlights drive their LED(s) using PWM, which creates unsaturated colors and an undesirable "strobing" effect that can clearly be seen in light paintings (long exposure photography).
The main benefit to using the PWM option are the beautiful "tracers" (small flashes of different colors) that can be seen in our BitWhip® Fiber Optic Whip and Fyber Kit products, both of which are both made up of end-glow fiber optics.
The RGB Critter's Analog option provides a direct electrical current to the LED, which results in the most pure and rich colors possible. If you are a light painter, there is no doubt that you need the option to drive the LED using an Analog signal so that you can create the most vibrant photos possible.
- BATTERY LIFE INDICATOR: The RGB LED will display different colors to indicate the remaining battery life.
- CONVENIENT RECHARGING: The replaceable 18650 battery is micro-USB rechargeable. When plugged into a power source, the RGB Critter's battery will fully charge then switch to direct power for continuous use. The battery will fully charge in under 2 hours when plugged into a wall outlet adapter and under 6 hours when plugged into a computer port.
18650 Battery Information
- Each RGB Critter includes one replaceable 3050mAh 18650 lithium ion battery that provides between 3-9 hours of use at full brightness.
- The battery will last 3 hours using the color white and between 6-9 hours using all other solid colors and presets.
- 24 COLOR SLOTS: Each mode can be customized with up to 24 unique colors.
- CHOOSE YOUR COLORS: Choose from a palette of 39 unique color options (including black).
- SELECT YOUR SPEED: Once you have your colors chosen, you can select your speed (1%-100%).
RGB CRITTER 2.0 FLASHLIGHT
(1) REPLACEABLE 3050MAH 18650 BATTERY
(1) MICRO-USB CHARGING CABLE
(1) CRITTER KEY
(2) SPARE O-RINGS
RGB CRITTER 2.0 SPECS
- Length: 5.4" (137.5mm)
- Diameter: 1.3" (33mm)
- Weight: 8oz (includes battery)
- Power: Replaceable 3050mAh 18650 battery
- Internal USB charging
- Can be used with USB power supply connected
- Aluminum Body + Silicone Shell (multiple color choices)
- Lanyard Loop Hole Dimensions: 4.5mm (wide) x 6.2mm (tall)
- 3 illuminated buttons (button LEDs can be tuned off)
- LED: Red, Green, and Blue (RGB) LED emitters
- 39 solid color options
- 93 adjustable presets (9,300 variations of presets can be achieved by simply holding the Rocket button)
- Built-in microphone for sound reactivity
- Built-in accelerometer for movement reactivity
- Max Lumens (color white): 170lm
- Max runtime at full brightness: 3hr (white), 6-9hr (all other colors and patterns)
- Max runtime at lowest brightness: 30hr (white), 60-90hr (all other colors and patterns)
- Threaded lens for twist-on accessories (over 100 options)
- Threaded tail for Critter Connector
- Lanyard loop hole built into removable aluminum End Cap
- Firmware can easily be updated using our RGB Critter Software
Their products are so beautifully made. You can feel the love. And the staff and customer service is over the top count recommend this company enough. Oh, and I just found out they’re shipping is carbon neutral.
This is a great product. Grabbed with 3 accessories my favorite is the saber. Keep it up!
The quality is amazing, really feels and works like a professional piece of kit. The light and computer are so powerful in the critter 2.0
This critter is lovely and bright, totally the best for light painting.
This review is long overdue, I've had my Critter for probably 3 months now and I've got to say that this has to be the BEST flashlight I've used in my short time as a light painter. It eliminates the need for attaching color filters in my plexi, the various colors and speed modes are easy to navigate once you learn how to do it. I'm actually about to buy another one as I'm writing this review. Big thanks to the AOAM crew for all that you do for the light painting community.