Lumi Tube™ Accessory
Lumi Tubes are designed for creating precise dots and lines in light painting photography. Lumi Tubes are made from impact resistant polycarbonate tubing and have two separate inner layers that work together to create the otherworldly effects seen in the product images. The inner layer helps to evenly distribute the RGB Critter's light along the length of the tube and the outer is a laser cut material that allows only specific points of light out of the tube.
Lumi Tube Accessories require the RGB Critter 2.0 Flashlight in order to light up (not included).
Click here to check out similar Lumi Accessory options that aren't specifically designed for light painting.
Lumi Tube Accessory Specs
- Light weight at 5 ounces
- Super bright with evenly diffused light along the sides of the blade.
- Lumi Tubes are designed solely for use in light painting photography, they are not designed for sparing/combat or for performance.
Lumi Tube Variations
- Small Spiral Dots: This version includes smaller sized dots that spiral along the length of the tube. These small dots create sharp lines (solid colors) or a variety of sizes of dots (high-speed strobes).
- Large Spiral Dots: This Lumi Tube creates similar effects as its counterpart, but the lines and dots are bigger and brighter.
- Dots Combo: This version has two different sides to choose from. The first side has large dots that are evenly spaced. The other side has smaller dots that gradually grow larger towards the end of the tube. This gradual increase in dot size helps to evenly distribute the brightness of the dots along the length of the Lumi Tube.
Light painting artwork:
Stephen Knight | @stephenk_lightart | Website
Joel Pinkham | Master Toy Maker, Ants on a Melon
Join Our RGB Critter Light Painting Group on Facebook
Join us on Facebook where we host a group for Light Painters who create artwork using the RGB Critter. In this group you will have the opportunity to learn new tips and techniques and ask questions about the RGB Critter.
The critter is one of the best items I have used and the new lumi tubes take the light painting to the next level.
The Lumi Tube accessory is a must have for light painters. The small dot spiral & large/small dot hybrid create some of the coolest patterns out there especially with colorfade mode on. With the updated firmware its a breeze to use. I personally find the 24" to be just the right size for ease of movement and still be able to create pretty awesome circles behind the subject. Thank you AOAM for continuing to provide some of the best tools out there for light painters!